Today is February 1st, and a Monday! There is extra “fresh start” energy in the air!
Last night I sat down with a journal and touched base on my 2021 “resolutions”/goals to see where I’m at. I think it’s super easy to set these goals with the “New Year New Me” vibes at the beginning of January, but for many people, they taper off by the end of the first month. I felt like I did a lot of sporadic things this month that generally were on track with my goals, but felt like they were scattered and I couldn’t visualize the totality of my progress unless I sat down and wrote it out.
I HIGHLY encourage you to take some time today and list out the things you did in January that aligned with your 2021 goals. Don’t leave anything out! For me, my list included things like:
- Took care of my body by attending overdue doctor appointments
- Bought an exercise bike and hit 150 miles in January
- Cleaned up my eating habits
- Made time for skincare
- Made time for spirituality
- Read more books
- Hit one large life goal! (dream car)
- Worked on budgeting/saving
Next – I challenge you to list the things you did in January that did NOT align with your 2021 goals, so you can see what to eliminate for February. For me, this included things like:
- Ate fast food when I shouldn’t have
- Ordered too many sugary drinks from Starbucks (this hurt my money and health goals)
- Skipped workouts when I didn’t need to
- Compromised valuable sleep time scrolling on my phone
Lastly, take a moment to journal out what you want your February to look like. Are you going to be more consistent with your workouts? Are you going to reach a specific goal at your job? Are you going to focus more time on family?
Don’t let your New Year energy fizzle out. It’s a new month, a new work week, a new day, and a new opportunity to show up as the person you want to be!
February, be kind to us all!
Feel free to share some reflections on your new year goals below!